For girls who demonstrate great potential
As one of Melbourne’s most respected all girls’ schools, there is nowhere better than MLC for scholarship students to excel. At MLC, scholars will discover like-minded peers, a diverse and inclusive community, incredible teachers, and amazing curricular and co-curricular opportunities that amplify their abilities and strengths.
Academic scholars are expected to take advantage of the vast learning enrichment opportunities and participate in the co-curricular activities offered by the College, in order to demonstrate and explore their commitment to College life and their academic goals.
Shortlisted candidates display the MLC values of respect, responsibility, compassion and courage.
These are ACER academic tested scholarships.
|Scholarship Name||Entry Year Level||Means Test||ACER Test|
|Academic||Years 5, 7 and 9||No||Yes|
|Principal's Scholarship||Years 7, 9, 10 and 11||Yes||Yes|
|Dr Wood Scholarship||Years 9 and 10||Yes||Yes|
|Eville Orford (Penn-Tonkin) Scholarship||Years 7, 9, 10 and 11||Yes||Yes|
2025 Entry Scholarship Applications are now open. Applications close on 19 January 2024 at 5pm AEDT.
Duration for Years 7-11 scholarships is for the entirety of the student's secondary schooling. Year 5 scholarships have a duration of 2 years.
- Must be an Australian citizen, permanent Australian resident or temporary resident.
- Currently at MLC or attending another school.
- Must register for the ACER Scholarship (academic) test as well as submit an MLC Scholarship Application.
- Means-tested scholarships require financial assessment eligibility. This assessment will be required to be completed if your daughter is shortlisted for a scholarship.
A percentage of the annual tuition fees and technology levy. This includes computer, technology support and peripherals.
Documentation to be uploaded with the Scholarship Application
- The student's most recent School Report.
- The student's most recent NAPLAN test results.
- Evaluation of a 200-word statement on why the candidate is applying for this scholarship; this should be written by the student, demonstrating her accomplishments, talents, any leadership experience and her reasons for wanting to attend MLC.
- A passport-sized photo of the student.
Scholarship holders are expected to complete their secondary education at MLC. Please refer to the MLC Scholarship Terms & Conditions.
Step 1 Apply for an MLC Scholarship
Step 2 Register for an ACER Test
Step 3 MLC Admissions
Step 4 Sit the ACER Test
Step 5 Interview
Apply via our Scholarships form
Apply for an MLC Scholarship via our online form, linked below. Applications close on 19 January 2024 at 5pm.
Register for the ACER Scholarships Test
Applicants must also register for the ACER Scholarships Test, to be held on Saturday 3 February 2024. The ACER test cost is $135 and can be registered via their website, linked below.
Hear from MLC Admissions
MLC Admissions will be in contact one week prior to the ACER Test regarding instructions for the test morning. This will be held on Saturday, 3 February 2024 at MLC.
Sit the ACER Scholarship Test
This session is held at MLC and will last the full morning.
Invitation to Interview
Short-listed candidates will be contacted by email in mid-February 2024, with an invitation to an interview.
Unsuccessful candidates will also be advised mid-February 2024, with ACER results released in late March by ACER.
Click below to begin your Application:
About the Eville Orford (Penn-Tonkin) Scholarship:
The Eville Orford (Penn-Tonkin) Scholarship has been endowed by Mr David Orford, son of Eville, in loving memory and deep abiding respect for his mother and her achievements. She attended Methodist Ladies’ College (MLC) from Year 8 to Year 12 and was a Prefect in her final year in 1934.