For promising girls in sports
Sports scholarship candidates will be performing at the highest possible state or national level or equivalent in one of the team or individual sports offered within MLC’s extensive Sports Program.
The successful candidate will also have made a contribution to the broader community and demonstrate a commitment to engaging and contributing to the College.
Sports scholars are expected to demonstrate a substantial commitment to their area of sporting excellence, to take advantage of MLC’s sports coaching and facilities, and to represent the school in all relevant events and competitions.
|Scholarship Name||Entry Year Level||Means Test||ACER Test|
|All-Rounder Scholarship (Sports Performance)||Years 7, 9, 10 and 11||No||Yes|
2024 Entry Scholarship Applications have now closed.
Duration for the above scholarships is for the entirety of the student's secondary schooling.
- Must be an Australian citizen, permanent Australian resident or temporary resident.
- Currently at MLC or attending another school.
- Completion and submission of the MLC All-Rounder Sports Performance Scholarship Form
- Must register for the ACER Scholarship (academic) test as well as submit an MLC Scholarship Application.
- Proof of performing at a state or national standard in a Sport offered by MLC.
- Proof of contribution/s to the broader community.
A percentage of the annual tuition fees and technology levy. This includes computer, technology support and peripherals.
Documentation to be uploaded with the Scholarship Application
- Results of the most recent School Report.
- Evaluation of a 200-word statement on why the candidate is applying for this scholarship; this should be written by the student, demonstrating her accomplishments, talents, any leadership experience and her reasons for wanting to attend MLC.
- Documents to support the achievements of the scholarship applicant.
- A passport-sized photo.
- A completed Sports Performance Form
Scholarship holders are expected to complete their secondary education at MLC. Please refer to the MLC Scholarship Terms & Conditions.
Step 1 Apply for an MLC Scholarship
Step 2 Register for an ACER Test
Step 3 MLC Admissions
Step 4 Sit the ACER Test
Step 5 Interview
Apply via our Scholarships form
Apply for an MLC Scholarship via our online form. Please note, 2024 Entry Scholarships are now closed. 2025 Entry Scholarships will open for applications in late 2023.
Register for the ACER Scholarships Test
Applicants must also register for the ACER Scholarships Test. The ACER test cost is $125 and can be registered via their website.
Hear from MLC Admissions
MLC Admissions will be in contact one week prior to the ACER Test regarding instructions for the test morning.
Sit the ACER Scholarship Test
This is held in February of the year prior to entry. This session is held at MLC and will last the full morning.
Invitation to Interview
Short-listed candidates will be contacted by email in mid-February of the year prior to entry, with an invitation to an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will also be advised mid-February the year prior, with ACER results released in late March by ACER.