MLC Scholarship Terms and Conditions
MLC is one of Australia’s leading independent girls’ schools, with a proud 136 year history of educational innovation and academic excellence.
The College is committed to providing a wide range of learning opportunities across all areas of the curriculum and nurturing individual students’ potential. As part of this commitment, the College makes a number of scholarships available for students with talent and an enthusiasm for learning and also for students who might otherwise not have the opportunity of an MLC education. The College awards scholarships on the basis of the scholarship application and testing process. All scholarship recipients will be expected to actively engage across many aspects of College life.
- To apply for an MLC Scholarship applicants must access the online registration process via the MLC website, https://www.mlc.vic.edu.au/Join-Us/Scholarships , complete and submit all required documentation to the College.
- Names of scholarship recipients may be published in the Colleges’ printed and digital materials.
- MLC’s academic scholarship test is an Australian Council for Education Research (ACER) test. ACER test results assist MLC in recognising academically talented students that will be considered for the award of any of the academic scholarships on offer.
- Regional, interstate or overseas candidates sitting the ACER Scholarship Test in a non-MLC Test Centre, must schedule to take the test within 24 hours of the MLC testing date.
- Those candidates undertaking an ACER Scholarship test must abide by ACER’s examination protocols.
- MLC’s decision on the award of scholarships is final with no disclosure of rationale or negotiations to be entered into.
- Scholarships are not available to full fee paying overseas students.
- Holders of a Music/Academic Scholarship are required to participate in school music activities and perform in concerts organised by the Music Department. Music tuition is provided by an MLC music instructor.
- Current holders of an MLC Scholarship are not eligible to receive a further scholarship, with the exception of Year 5 Scholarship holders who are eligible to reapply for a scholarship for secondary school. On receipt of a scholarship any other bursary is cancelled.
- No additional supporting documentation other than information requested by MLC, will be taken into consideration when evaluating candidates for scholarships.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
- MLC will not negotiate on the offer of a scholarship.
- Scholarship holders are bound by both the MLC Scholarship Terms and Conditions and the MLC Local Terms and Conditions
- These Scholarship Terms and Conditions are subject to change from time to time without notice
Scholarship Offer Includes:
- A reduction of the annual tuition fees
- A reduction of the annual technology levy; this includes computer, technology support and peripherals
- A reduction of the annual boarding fees (applicable only for boarding related scholarships)
- A reduction of annual music tuition fees (applicable only for specific music scholarships)
Scholarships Offer Excludes:
- ACER Scholarship Test Registration Fee
- College Application Fee of $100
- College Enrolment Fee of $1,250, or $1,000 for a sibling of an MLC student
- College Boarding Fees (with the exception of MLC Boarding Scholarships)
- MLC Banksia Camp Fees (Year 5, 6, 7 and 8)
- MLC Marshmead Term (Year 9 ONLY)(Note, boarding fee is inclusive of MLC Marshmead Fee)
- International Baccalaureate (Year 11 and 12 if applicable)
- Most Co-curricular Fees, including any of the available Intensive Sport Programs or any other optional activities
- Music Tuition (unless awarded a specific music scholarship)
- College Uniform and Text Books
- Computer Software Charges
- Curriculum Charges eg. Home Economics, Art Charges, etc
- Optional College Tours
- Additional optional activities and programs.
A scholarship may be withdrawn if:
- The Principal is not satisfied with the on-going performance of the scholarship holder
- There is a failure to pay College fees
- Considerable College non-attendance
To be considered for eligibility of a Principal’s (means tested) scholarship, families must have a combined annual family income of less than $110,000.
The MLC Scholarship - Financial Statement Form and supporting documentation must be completed and submitted, where overall financial circumstances are then taken into consideration.
To be eligible for an Indigenous Scholarship, the student must identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and provide a letter of Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Heritage
MLC also partners with Yalari. Enquiries regarding the Yalari scholarship program can be made by contacting Yalari on +61 7 5665 8688, firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting www.yalari.org
Regional and Remote Areas (Boarding Scholarships Only)
To be eligible for a Boarding Scholarship, families must live in a regional or remote area of Australia as determined by the Australian Standard Geographical Classification Remoteness Area Locator.
For further information contact the MLC Admissions Office at email@example.com