OPENING DATE: THURSDAY, 14 SEPTEMBER 2017
CLOSING DATE: 5PM WEDNESDAY, 14 FEBRUARY 2018
SCHOLARSHIP TEST DATE: SATURDAY, 24 FEBUARY 2018
MLC works closely with Melbourne Indigenous Transition School.
Awarded to students of fine character who have demonstrated:
- Concern for the broader community
- A wide range of interests and talents
- A readiness to actively participate, engage and contribute as a member of the MLC community
- Leadership ability
- A commitment to academic studies and academic ability
- Need for a means-tested Scholarship
Audience: Entry Years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11
- Australian citizens or residents who Identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- Currently at MLC or attending another school
- Combined family income of less than $110,000 per annum (means-tested)
- Previously attended primary or secondary schooling in a regional or remote area (as defined by the Australian Standard Geographical Classification - Remoteness Areas.
An Australian government guide to the ASGC-RA is available at www.health.gov.au/internet/otd/publishing.nsf/Content/ra-intro
- Results of most recent School Report
- Evaluation of a 200 word statement on why the candidate is applying for this scholarship
- Evaluation through Interview. Candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted by telephone and/or email
- Evaluation of the Scholarship Financial Statement submitted with overall financial circumstances considered
- A percentage of the tuition fees and a percentage of the boarding fees
- Provision of a notebook computer
- Tenable for six years (Entry Year 7)
- Tenable for five years (Entry Year 8)
- Tenable for four years (Entry Year 9)
- Tenable for three years (Entry Year 10)
- Tenable for two years (Entry Year 11)
Scholarship holders are expected to complete their secondary education at MLC.
Special Conditions: Refer to the MLC Scholarship Conditions.
Boarding Scholarships are relinquished where a student changes from boarding student to day student.
Apply for a Principal’s Indigenous Boarding Scholarship:
- Complete the Scholarship Form for the appropriate year of entry:
- Complete the Scholarship Financial Statement
- Email the following as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Scholarship Application Form, including the 200 word Personal Statement
- Scholarship Financial Statement
- Latest School Report
- Passport Sized Photo
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview time
- All other applicants will be contacted via email