Thomas Henry Scholarship (means-tested)
Established by the late Dr Joan Wilkinson AM in honour of her late grandfather, Thomas Henry Driffield.
Always mindful of the importance of education in her life, in 2020 Dr Wilkinson made a visionary donation to MLC to create the Thomas Henry Scholarship for students who otherwise would not be able to access an MLC education. She was passionate about giving girls of the future the same opportunities she herself had: “The freedom to learn, to participate and to be inspired by MLC’s marvellous atmosphere and educational environment.”
Awarded to a student who demonstrates academic excellence and is particularly interested in the Sciences (not including social sciences).
The assessment for this scholarship will include applicants’ accomplishments, talents/passions and enthusiasm for learning.
The recipient of this scholarship will be expected to represent the school in science competitions and any other opportunities she is selected in, to study science subjects for the duration of the scholarship and partake in the science co-curricular, including clubs and committees.
|| Monday, 17 October 2022
|| Friday, 20 January 2023
|| Saturday, 4 February 2023
Year of Entry:
- Year 9 (Scholarship tenable for 4 years)
- Year 10 (Scholarship tenable for 3 years)
- Year 11 (Scholarship tenable for 2 years)
- Year 12 (Scholarship tenable for 1 years)
- Australian citizens, permanent Australian residents or temporary residents
- Currently at MLC or attending another school
- Completion and submission of the MLC Thomas Henry Scholarship additional information (See Documentation Below)
- Proof to accompany the above form of involvement in current science studies (e.g awards/ certificates/ achievements)
- Students must be registered with ACER Scholarships as well as submit an MLC Scholarship Application
- A candidate who would not ordinarily be able to afford the tuition fees
Documentation to be uploaded with Scholarship Application:
- Results of the most recent School Report
- Evaluation of a 200-word statement on why the candidate is applying for this scholarship; this should be written by the student, demonstrating her accomplishments, talents, any leadership experience and her reasons for wanting to attend MLC
- Documents to support the achievements of scholarship application
- A passport sized photo
- Complete the MLC Thomas Henry Scholarship additional information Form: Click here.
The applicant will then have:
- Evaluation of the MLC Scholarship - Financial Statement form (allows overall financial circumstances to be considered)
- Results of the ACER Scholarship Test
- Evaluation through Interview. Candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted by email
- A percentage of the annual tuition fees and technology levy, this includes computer, technology support and peripherals
PLEASE PROCEED TO APPLICATION STEPS BELOW