Principal's Indigenous Scholarship
At MLC we have a strong commitment to diversity. We value developing intercultural understanding through our local, international and Indigenous community links. Our Indigenous scholarships have a proud history at MLC and are offered on an annual basis. We envision this offering as mutually beneficial by learning about, learning from and learning with Indigenous people.
Awarded to an Indigenous students of fine character who have demonstrated a concern for the broader community, a wide range of interests and talents, readiness to actively participate, engage and contribute as a member of the MLC community. Showcases leadership ability has a commitment to academic studies, academic ability and has the need for a means-tested Scholarship
MLC works closely with the Melbourne Indigenous Transition School and has a long standing partnership with Yalari.
||MONDAY, 8 OCTOBER 2018
||MONDAY, 7 OCTOBER 2019
Audience: Entry Years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11
- Australian citizen who identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander (applicant must supply a certificate of Aboriginality)
- Currently at MLC or attending another school
- Combined family income of less than $110,000 per annum (means-tested)
- Results of the most recent School Report which are required to be uploaded with the MLC application form
- Evaluation of a 200 word statement on why the candidate is applying for this scholarship; required to be uploaded with the MLC application form as a PDF document. This should be written by the student and demonstrate their accomplishments, talents and leadership.
- A copy of the applicants certificate of Aboriginality to be uploaded with the MLC application
- A passport sized photo is required to be uploaded with the MLC application
- Evaluation through Interview. Candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted by telephone and/or email.
- A percentage of the annual tuition fees
- A percentage of the annual technology levy, this includes computer, technology support and peripheral
- Tenable for six years (Entry Year 7)
- Tenable for five years (Entry Year 8)
- Tenable for four years (Entry Year 9)
- Tenable for three years (Entry Year 10)
- Tenable for two years (Entry Year 11)
Apply for the Principal’s Indigenous Scholarship:
Apply for an MLC Scholarship by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page.
Please complete the Scholarship Application and click submit.
Complete the MLC Scholarship - Financial Statement form attached to the notification email and return to email@example.com.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview time
All other applicants will be contacted via email.