Methodist Ladies’ College is proud to celebrate the achievements of the Class of 2016.
Some outstanding results from our 307 VCE, VCE VET and IB students include:
- 6 students achieving the top-ranked ATAR of 99.95 *
- 10% of students achieving an ATAR of 99+ and above, placing them in the top 1% of the state
- 27% of students achieving an ATAR of 95+ and above, placing them in the top 5% of the state
- 54% of students achieving an ATAR of 85+ and above, placing them in the top 15% of the state
- 17 top VCE subject study scores, the third-highest of any Victorian school, including an incredible 6 awarded in English
- 69 subjects were undertaken by our Class of 2016 across VCE, VCE VET and IB; amongst the largest subject offerings in Victorian schools
MLC’s 2016 IB (International Baccalaureate) results favourably compared against the global average:
||Number of top scores of 45
||3 (of only 11 Victorian students to do so)
This is the ninth year in a row that top-achieving students attained the top IB score of 45.
These results are all the more impressive as MLC is a proudly open-entry and non-selective school where we welcome students from all walks of life to learn and achieve together. We deliver a world-class, holistic education in a diverse and supportive community that creates well-rounded students. Our student intake is not influenced by academic aptitude, and we embrace all students’ unique strengths and abilities.
We celebrate all achievements our students make, not just academic ones. This includes, but is not limited to, notable sporting achievements on the national stage, accomplishments in music and the creative arts, excellence in leadership and significant contributions to community service and social justice. We commend students who have conquered personal goals, and acknowledge our talented and hardworking staff who have nurtured and inspired our students to achieve their very best.
We warmly welcome the Class of 2016 to the MLC Alumnae community, where they join more than 30,000 Old Collegians who have made their mark across many fields including science, politics, sport, the arts and philanthropy.
We eagerly await Round 1 University offers on 18 January 2017 and look forward to watching the Class of 2016 continue to their educational journeys as they go onto university, travel or become the next generation of entrepreneurs and innovators. We are confident they will continue to explore their curiosity and challenge the status quo as they leave the College with the skills, knowledge and values to be world-ready women.
* Edit 16/1/17: The original number of students who achieved a top ATAR of 99.95 increased from five students to six, upon receiving updated IB results due to Enquiry Upon Results (EURs). Further statistics may change as other updated results are released.