Principal's Boarding (means -tested)
Awarded by the MLC Principal to students who reflect the MLC values of respect, responsibility and compassion and whose personal financial circumstances would prevent them from attending the College. Applicants will need to demonstrate their concern for the broader community, a wide range of interests and talents, a commitment to academic studies and ability and a commitment to engaging and contributing as a member of the MLC community.
||MONDAY, 14 OCTOBER 2019
||FRIDAY, 2 OCTOBER 2020
Year of Entry:
Year 7 (Scholarship tenable for 6 years)
Year 8 (Scholarship tenable for 5 years)
Year 9 (Scholarship tenable for 4 years)
Year 10 (Scholarship tenable for 3 years)
Year 11 (Scholarship tenable for 2 years)
- Australian citizens, permanent Australian residents or temporary residents
- Currently at MLC or attending another school
- A candidate who would not ordinarily be able to afford the tuition fees
- Have previously attended primary or secondary schooling in a regional or remote area
Documentation to be uploaded with Scholarship Application:
- Results of the most recent School Report
- Evaluation of a 200-word statement on why the candidate is applying for this scholarship; This should be written by the student and demonstrate their accomplishments, talents, leadership, reason for wanting to attend MLC.
- A passport sized photo
The applicant will then have:
- Evaluation of the MLC Scholarship - Financial Statement form (allows overall financial circumstances to be considered)
- Evaluation through Interview. Candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted by telephone and/or email
A percentage of the annual tuition fees, boarding fees and technology levy. This includes computer, technology support and peripherals
- Scholarship holders are expected to complete their secondary education at MLC.
- Boarding Scholarships are relinquished where a student changes from a boarding to day student.
- Refer to the MLC Scholarship Terms & Conditions