"An MLC education inspires young women to be the citizens the world needs." Diana Vernon, Principal
MLC develops confident and articulate young women who have the skills, knowledge, values and attitudes to shape their future and contribute meaningfully to the international community. MLC is committed to providing a challenging, enriching, safe and supportive learning environment through our core values of responsibility, respect and compassion.
- Fosters intellectual, spiritual and personal development of MLC girls and young women so they develop the tools necessary to lead meaningful and enjoyable lives.
- Provides a broad and challenging academic curriculum to support students in achieving excellence.
- Offers an extensive co-curricular program that ensures students identify their strengths and develop skills such as team work, leadership, creativity and enterprise.
- Develops independent, adaptable thinkers with a passion for learning, the courage to take risks and the initiative to apply what is learned.
- Provides a caring, supportive and child safe community in all school environments for all students.
- Develops a sense of self-worth and identity for students as well as the resilience required to grow through life’s challenges.
- Develops young women of conscience, compassion and responsibility with the ability to make positive choices in life.
- Engages respectfully and responsibly with Australia’s Indigenous people, culture, and country and is committed to continuous learning in this area.
- Contributes to social justice by forging community and global partnerships, valuing diversity and developing cultural awareness.
- Raises awareness, respect and responsibility for our natural environment.
- Honours the values of MLC’s Christian heritage whilst celebrating and nurturing spirituality and other faiths.
MLC’s Strategic Plan
To uphold and deliver MLC’s Vision and Mission, the College has developed a series of strategic pillars.
Student learning and achievement
- MLC provides a broad and challenging academic curriculum which fosters a passion for learning, develops independent, adaptable thinkers and focuses on excellence.
- As an integral element of an inspiring and rewarding education, MLC offers a mature and responsive student wellbeing program.
Excellence in staff
- MLC recognises that quality educational outcomes are driven by excellence in teaching and learning provided by the highest quality, motivated teaching and educational support staff.
Innovation and resources
- MLC will continue to lead and innovate in developing resources, sites and facilities that support students’ learning in a dynamic 21st century environment.
- The diverse and extensive MLC community provides a rich source of opportunity, personal growth and sense of belonging for all members.
- MLC has a commitment to a secure and sustainable future that supports investment in facilities and resources, which deliver a world-class education for MLC students.
30,000 ‘world-ready’ MLC past students live and work across all four corners of the globe.