As proud providers of holistic, well-rounded education, we celebrate our students’ achievements in all areas alongside academia. This includes sporting achievements, accomplishments in music and the creative arts, excellence in leadership, contributions to community service, and those student who have conquered personal goals.
2017 Year 12 results snapshot
MLC has once again achieved outstanding VCE, VCE VET and IB results, continuing the College’s long tradition of strong academic excellence. Among the exceptional results were five students achieving top-ranked ATAR* scores of 99.95, amongst the highest of any Victorian school year level.
14 perfect study scores were achieved in 12 VCE and VCE VET subjects across a wide range of areas. Perfect study scores were achieved in: Biology, Business, Chemistry, Product Design and Technology (Fashion), English, English Language, Food Studies, Health and Human Development, Hospitality (Kitchen Operations), Japanese 2nd Language, Further Mathematics and Sports and Recreation.
Combined VCE, VCE VET and IB results included:
- 5 students achieving the top-ranked ATAR of 99.95, one in VCE and four IB students **
- 29 students (10%) in the top 1% with an ATAR of 99 and above
- 105 students (35.7%) in the top 5% with an ATAR of 95 and above
- 158 students (53.7%) in the top 10% with an ATAR of 90 and above
The median ATAR across VCE, VCE VET and IB was an impressive 90.9.
We look forward to celebrating further with the Class of 2017 when Round One university offers are released later in January 2018, and when Premier's VCE Awards are announced later in 2018. A full results brochure will then become available.
* The Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) provides a measure of overall academic achievement that assists universities in ranking applicants for course selection. The ATAR is arrived at after the VCE study scores out of 50 are scaled. Students undertaking the IB also receive an ATAR, referred to as a Notional ATAR.
** Previously reported as three students attaining a 99.95 ATAR. An Enquiry Upon Results means the accurate number is now five.