As proud providers of holistic, well-rounded education, we celebrate our students’ achievements in all areas alongside academia. This includes sporting achievements, accomplishments in music and the creative arts, excellence in leadership, contributions to community service, and those student who have conquered personal goals.
2016 Year 12 results snapshot
MLC has once again achieved outstanding VCE, VCE VET and IB results, continuing the College’s long tradition of strong academic excellence. Among the exceptional results were six students achieving top-ranked ATAR* scores of 99.95, believed to be the highest of any Victorian school year level.
17 students achieved perfect study scores in 14 VCE and VCE VET subjects across a wide range of areas, the third-highest of any Victorian school. Perfect study scores were achieved in: Business (1), English (6), English Language (1), Health and Human Development (1), Further Mathematics (1), Music Performance (1), Physical Education (1), Product Design and Technology (1) and Sports and Recreation (2).
Combined VCE, VCE VET and IB results included:
- 6 students achieving the top-ranked ATAR of 99.95, three in VCE and three IB students
- 31 students (10.1%) in the top 1% with an ATAR of 99 and above
- 83 students (27%) in the top 5% with an ATAR of 95 and above
- 167 students (54.4%) in the top 15% with an ATAR of 85 and above
The median ATAR across VCE, VCE VET and IB was an impressive 86.15.
Eight students were the recipients of twelve Premier's VCE Awards, which recognises students who have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement in individual subjects. Two students, Michelle Chen and Michelle Xin, were also awarded the prestigeous All-Round High Achievers Award, recognising excellence in five VCE subjects. Only 25 of these are given, which makes this achievement remarkable.
* The Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) provides a measure of overall academic achievement that assists universities in ranking applicants for course selection. The ATAR is arrived at after the VCE study scores out of 50 are scaled. Students undertaking the IB also receive an ATAR, referred to as a Notional ATAR.