Applications for Boarding All Rounder Scholarships for 2018 entry are currently open. The closing date is 5pm Thursday, 12 October.
OPENING DATE: NOVEMBER 2017
CLOSING DATE: FEBRUARY 2018
SCHOLARSHIP TEST DATE: MARCH 2018
Awarded to students of fine character who have demonstrated:
- Concern for the broader community
- A wide range of interests and talents
- A readiness to actively participate, engage and contribute as a member of the MLC community
- Leadership ability
- A commitment to academic studies and academic ability
Audience: Entry Years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11
- Australian citizens or residents
- Currently at MLC or attending another school
- Have previously attended primary or secondary schooling in a regional or remote area (as defined by the Australian Standard Geographical Classification - Remoteness Areas.
An Australian government guide to the ASGC-RA is available at www.health.gov.au/internet/otd/publishing.nsf/Content/ra-intro
- Results of most recent School Report
- Evaluation of a 200 word statement on why the candidate is applying for this scholarship
- Results of the MLC Scholarship Test
- Evaluation through Interview. Candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted by telephone and/or email.
- A percentage of the tuition fees and a percentage of the boarding fees
- Provision of a notebook computer
- Tenable for six years (Entry Year 7)
- Tenable for five years (Entry Year 8)
- Tenable for four years (Entry Year 9)
- Tenable for three years (Entry Year 10)
- Tenable for two years (Entry Year 11)
Scholarship holders are expected to complete their secondary education at MLC.
Special Conditions: Refer to the MLC Scholarship Conditions.
Boarding Scholarships are relinquished where a student changes from boarding student to a day student.
Apply for the Boarding All Rounder Scholarship:
- Attend the MLC Scholarship Test which will be held in March 2018.
- Details about the Scholarship testing will be sent to registered candidates by ACER at least one week prior to the test.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview time.
- Music applicants will be contacted to arrange an audition time.
- All other applicants will be contacted via email.